Max temp for Minneapolis, MN (Minneapolis Airport) always 95

A very good day to you,

The max temp for Minneapolis, MN (Minneapolis Airport) has been reading 95 for many days now. Please see the attached image. I know that we’ve had a warm summer, however the temps have started to moderate now.

http://s16.postimage.org/gomz3yur5/Maxtemp.jpg

Weather Watcher Live version = 7.1.63
Running on Windows 7x64

Any suggestions would be welcome,
Deb

Added info: I loaded WWL on an old XP SP3 system this morning and get the same result - max temp for Minneapolis/Saint Paul Airport = 95.

Re: Max temp for Minneapolis, MN (Minneapolis Airport) alway

Deb, I see where you haven’t received an answer yet, so maybe I’ll step in and try to explain the best I can. I live in Fargo, not too far from you. Mine shows the max on the bar graph also at 95. On that bar graph that shows on the main page, in the middle of each category is the “now” value. The min and max values on each of the categories is what your weather station saw as the low and high values for the current month. You must have had a high of 95 at least once in the current month. The min value will state the lowest temp you had in the current month. The same applies to pressure, humidity, and wind. It’s a nice feature that shows you at a glance the four current values beside the lowest and highest values for each. Hope that helps you. :icon_smile:

Thank you very much for the explanation however I’m still a bit confused. The “features” explanation on Signerscreations.com site indicate that the bar graph is the daily activity, not monthly. And the wind and humidity seem to follow the day maxs and mins, not the month. Perhaps this has changed to monthly just for the temp?

http://s13.postimage.org/kvmxmz3c3/Features.jpg

DebDebMN, the graph is showing the daily high. I tried that weather station and am seeing similar result. I’ll dig into it some more and get back to you.

Well, maybe I’m a bit off on my interpretation too? When I look at my monthly view, the numbers for min and max seem to follow what it shows for the month. the final end results that you’re seeing are really at the mercy of what your chosen weather station actually reports. I normally don’t pay much attention to those anyway and concentrate on the now figures. For past results I rely on the monthly view. Maybe Mike will jump in and explain it better for both of us. I see where Mike just jumped in and confirmed that it is daily, not monthly. So, you’re right and I’m wrong. Guess my weather station is also wrong in showing the max high of 95. Sorry if I led you astray.

Mike, while you’re looking at the max temp problem, could you also check on the max wind? Right now mine is showing the max on the graph at 32, while it is actually 12 right now and the high in the monthly view for today shows 15. I’ve noticed both the temp and wind show much higher that the actual conditions.

DebDebMN, I checked this out and found that weather station is reporting incorrect max/min temperatures for the day. I contacted Weather Underground to notify them of the issue since that data is coming from them.

In the meantime, try switching to another weather station in your area. You’re currently using an airport weather station. Airport stations do not report current conditions in realtime, so that’s another plus you’ll gain by switching.

Chunker, are you still using the Weather Underground Fargo Airport weather station? If so, then perhaps your issue is related since you’re also using an airport. I checked a few of their personal weather stations, and I did not see any numbers that seemed to be incorrect.

Yes, I’m still using to airport. You confirmed that the data listen does come from the weather station being used. Think I’ll just stay as I am. I tried some of the other stations a while back and they seemed so flaky, not always available and they didn’t seem as reliable in their reporting. But I will keep my eyes on the other stations and see if one might merit a switch. Thanks for the info Mike.

DebDebMN, Weather Underground fixed this issue yesterday. I checked your weather station this morning and it seems to be reporting valid min/max temperatures again.

Thank you very much for looking into this and getting Wx Underground to fix their information. And I agree - the min/max has been in excellent shape for the past week. So you fixed it - THANK YOU!!!