Many problems concering Weather Underground and WeatherBug

First thought and experience is that Weather Underground does not give accurate temperature forecasts compared to WeatherBug. I’ll go as far to say that, in fact, it’s way off…

Examples:
Weather Underground daily forecast for August 13

Switching to WeatherBug daily forecast for August 13

Notice missing information from WeatherBug station on both images. Sometimes I get absolutely no WeatherBug info showing at all. In other words, all cells are empty or say N/A… But WeatherBug has always given the more accurate now and daily forcasts when it comes to temperatures and precip (take note of the differences in the images above). All I can say is I’m rather dissapointed. Everytime there’s an update to this program, I always fear that something else will get broken in the process. I’m more of a fan of WeatherBug stations than Weather Underground stations.

Re: Many problems concering Weather Underground and WeatherB

Forecasts will differ between all weather providers. That’s how it has always been. Nothing new there.

Here’s a current comparison between WeatherBug and Weather Underground:

http://s27.postimg.org/47rhibl5b/Compare.jpg

The forecasts are not 100% the same, but they are very close. I’m expecting you would see similar minor differences if you did the same comparison with other weather providers.

The Bradley International Airport weather station seems to be showing okay data at the moment:

http://s4.postimg.org/blmfzyr3d/Current.jpg

Since neither of us upgraded to a new version of Weather Watcher since then, that only leads me to believe one of the following occurred at the time of your screenshot:

• The airport (the weather station owner) was having technical difficulties and stopped reporting weather data to WeatherBug.

• WeatherBug was having technical difficulties and stopped reporting weather data to their weather data feed.

In either case, it’s usually an issue that only time can resolve. Some weather stations are more stable than others. Fortunately, there are a few other WeatherBug stations in that area that you can switch to.

FYI, airport weather stations are usually not the most reliable weather stations. Most (if not all) don’t report current conditions in real-time.

Everytime there’s an update to this program, I always fear that something else will get broken in the process.

Weather Watcher, like most other software, relies on a lot of moving parts that is does not control. Something could be broken in Windows, someone could configure a Windows setting in such a way that negatively affects Weather Watcher, IE could be broken, the Internet could be down, the weather data source could be down, the weather station itself could be unavailable, etc. All of those things considered, Weather Watcher is probably one of the most stable weather programs you’ve ever used (perhaps a reason why you’ve used it for so long). When problems do arise that I’m able to fix on my end, they are almost always fixed within hours – and probably before you even noticed they were broken.

While I don’t support old versions of Weather Watcher, I do make them available in case anyone ever wants to roll back:

viewforum.php?f=67

Also, you did not note which version of Weather Watcher you’re using. My screenshots were taken with Weather Watcher 7.2.11.

Oh, okay, sorry about that. I’m using the newest version which is 7.2.11

Also, I love this program and I figured that the problem was as you stated which was WeatherBug data not transmitting, technical difficulties and stopped reporting weather data to their weather data feed, etc. I’m sure it has nothing to do with my OS. Everything is okay there. Just to clue you in a little more, here is what I’m getting now from Bradley International Airport, CT, as of the time of this posting.

I did switch to another WeatherBug station, as you suggested, but I’m getting the exact same thing, no weather information at all… This station is South Windsor, CT (South Windsor HS)

Seems like WeatherBug is a hit or miss when downloading weather data but Weather Underground data appears to almost always be reliable… OK, back to Weather Underground station again… :-"

Please email your Weather Watcher license key to me at [email protected]. I would like to check a few things on my side to see if there might be an issue with the license itself.

RobertD_CT, just checking in with you to see if you still needed help with this. If so, please email me your license key. Thanks!