Loading on Startup

OK Mike. Thanks for allowing me that little respite.

Here’s what I did and what I accomplished:
My settings in the General Options Menu were:
Start minimized
Retrieve Forecasts
Check for New Versions
Auto Retry Every Minute…

First I disabled my StartEd utility
Then I exited WWL
Clicked on WWL in the programs menu
WWL started minimized without the weather window on my desktop

Second I rebooted my computer
WWL did not start

Then I unchecked Retrieve Forecasts and rebooted
WWL did not start

Then I checked “Start WWL when windows starts” as well as checked “Start Minimized” in the Options menu. Both boxes were checked.
I rebooted

So in order to start WWL minimized when my computer starts I needed to check both those boxes.
It is my recollection that in the old WW free version I only needed to check “Start Minimized” to get the icon without the window.
Now this has got me feeling like a complete idiot.

I’ve used the WW free version for years and thought that I knew everything about it.
Sorry if I wasted your time with these forum posts.
Perhaps in the next upgrade you should mention that in order to start WWL minimized on computer startup both of these boxes should be checked.

Thanks, Mike, for bearing with me.
And thank goodness StartEd Lite was free.

JohnnyDiego,

I have always had both boxes checked so I couldn’t understand what you were meaning. But there is no way the icon can show up without WWL starting with windows. That is why I said to Mike that they should be together in the settings. Any other program I have with those types of settings always has to have the start with windows checked BEFORE the minimize to tray will take effect on startup. I don’t see any other way to do it.

Boofo,

JohnnyDiego sez:
“Now this has got me feeling like a complete idiot.”

My penance will be, besides all the Our Fathers and Hail Marys, “Forgive me Mike, for I’ve been a fool,” every hour on the hour for forty days and forty nights.

Thanks, Guys

JohnnyDiego, I actually copied that feature over as-is from Weather Watcher. Thank you for taking the time to document those steps. I’m glad to hear everything is working okay now :icon_smile:

I think 20 days and nights might do it :wink: Haha… really though, let me i[/i] know if you need help with anything else.

I’ll split the difference and let it go for 30 days and 30 nights. :wink: