latest update - error message

I just updated to the latest version. It didn’t work right at all. No weather information and the screen only had the weather watcher icon.

Uninstalled and then installed the full install. Still the same problem.

When I try to update weather forecast, it says ‘Error: Server not found!’.

Any suggestions?

KG4VPY (Paula)

I get the same message. I think that someone added a little typo in the address when making the update.

What version are you updating from? Did you try resetting your IE Options?

I had the same error after upgrading from 5.4 to 5.5 After doing the IE Restore Options to default the error resolved itself. Thanks !!!

[:(] Yeah… I’m getting the same thing.

The interesting part is, I ran a couple hardware
sniffer-traces, and it’s not even trying to ‘go out’
or resolve.

Not one single solitary outgoing packet.

Who knows, may be a fat-finger mistake.

Either way, I love the app, and I’m sure Mike will fix it.

I have the same error message, server not found. What IE options do I need to reset?

Go to “Tools\Internet options”. In the options window, click the “Advanced” tab. In the bottom right corner you see a button “Restore defaults”. Click that button and your problems should be solved.

That did it! Thank you!

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried all the suggestions, downloaded the dl.exe, reset the IE options, toggled the do not save encryted pages option. Nothing is working. WW still gets the server error.

I did the same trick but it didn’t do the job for me. Isn’t it strange that there is no possibility (anymore?) to specify the proxy server itself? [:0]

Weather Watcher uses the proxy server information from IE.

I don’t use IE. Currently I am using Mozilla as my browser.

My current WW is vers. 5.5

Since Mike said WW uses IE settings, I went to IE, Tools, Internet Options, and did the ‘reset defaults’ as suggested.

Exited WW, restarted WW, and viola, it works.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I love Weather Watcher as do many other amateur radio operators.

KG4VPY

My husband has been using Weather Watcher for several months on his computer (XP). Today I installed it on my computer (Windows 2000 Professional). 48 works fine. 55 doesn’t work as it changes the startup association from Weather Watcher\ww.exe to an association with another program. I deleted the program that it was trying to associate with (I really didn’t need it) and it just found another program with which to associate. After several installs, uninstalls, I am having to stay with 48.

Instead of reseting all of them I turned on use http 1.1 through proxy connections and it works now.

[:D][:)][8D][:I][:p][}:)][;)][:o)][8)][:(][8][B)][:0][:(!][xx(][|)][?][V][^][:X]

Well, tried it all, no go [V]
I think I’ll go back one version, that’s a bit easier. [B)]

update: uninstalled WW 55 and an old one (5.0). Reinstalled 55 with fresh setup. No go. Uninstalled 55. Installed 54A. Now It works fine… [8D]

update 2: Couldn’t let it rest [:D] So I installed 5.5 again, updated dl.exe and changed the advanced settings in IE like mentioned. Now it works!!! Happy again[:o)][:o)]

BTW: I use WW for years and I LOVE IT!! [:X]

I run Sygate Personel Firewall and Weather Watcher will not retrieve forecasts with it running, Sygate just will not accept the link. When I Exit Sygate, Weather Watcher runs fine.

Peter

pkline – See the posts at SingersCreations.com about resetting the Sygate fingertips.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by pkline[/i]
I run Sygate Personel Firewall and Weather Watcher will not retrieve forecasts with it running, Sygate just will not accept the link. When I Exit Sygate, Weather Watcher runs fine.

Peter

My husband has been using Weather Watcher for several months on his computer (XP). Today I installed it on my computer (Windows 2000 Professional). 48 works fine. 55 doesn’t work as it changes the startup association from Weather Watcher\ww.exe to an association with another program. I deleted the program that it was trying to associate with (I really didn’t need it) and it just found another program with which to associate. After several installs, uninstalls, I am having to stay with 48.

Update: I figured out a fix and now I am running 55. When I installed the upgrade, I set it NOT to run at startup. Then, I manually added Weather Watcher to my startup group. Now it is working as it is supposed to. (Don’t know why my message got repeated as I just looked at it and hit cancel - sorry for the double posting.)