JFI, DL.exe in V7.0.23. Avira detects as a trojan dropper

Just for info. Avira V10 detects dl.exe in WWL V7.0.23 as a trojan/dropper.gen. I have submitted this file as a false positive to Avira. Hopefully they will fix promptly. I ran dl.exe through VirusTotal and only Avira flagged it.

I also have Avira and it says TR/Dropper.Gen is a trojan and refused access. I had to go back to the previous one.

Jan

You can add dl.exe to Avira Configure>Guard>Scan>Exceptions and then WWL 7.0.23 will work just fine.

I have the free version of Avira so that is not available for me. :sad:

Jan

I found it, never mind. I have put it under processes, so hopefully that is the right area. I went into Avira to find out how to get into the ‘exception’ area.

Jan

Avira response to my submittal of dl.exe

File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result
25844168 dl.exe 35.52 KB FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
Filename Result
dl.exe FALSE POSITIVE

The file ‘dl.exe’ has been determined to be ‘FALSE POSITIVE’. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

siliconman01, it’s odd that they are flagging the “dl.exe” file. It’s signed with a digital certificate. I guess that doesn’t count for anything anymore.

It is now fixed and no longer detected. :icon_smile:

siliconman01, good to hear. Thank you for submitting the file :cool:

I find it astonishing how many false positives Avira produces. I have been using AntiVir for a couple years and I’m pretty much at the point where I can’t take it anymore. It’s such a waste of time and energy dealing with this constantly. Today it’s WWL, tomorrow it will be something else.

I’ve been using AVG for many years now. It has always worked very well for me.