I'm getting the following message from...

Weather Watcher Downloader

Run-time error ‘5’;
Invalid procedure call or argument.

I am running the latest release of the Weather Watcher Live software

What might cause this???

What operating system are you using, and did you by chance enable the setting to “Store user files in the Weather Watcher Live program folder (files are normally stored in the current user’s Windows profile)” ?

I am using Windows XP at service pack 2 with all of the latest patches. The enable logger check box is NOT checked. The “store user files in the Weather Watcher Live program folder” IS checked.

not enable logger - that particular check box - but it is moot as you are using XP, assuming, of course, that your username has administrative privileges in XP…

Did your firewall recently experience an update? Either a rules update or else a program / component update?

The “store user files in the Weather Watcher Live program folder” IS checked. I don’t think anything has been changed in the firewall.

close WWL, uncheck that option, then start WWL again and see if it starts with a fresh set of options for you - - then enter your ZIP / city and see if it will download data.

If that doesn’t work I suggest you re-install WWL, as perhaps the download executable (GetFile, I believe is its name) may have gotten corrupted…

I did what you recommended and so far so good.

Thanks.

Spoke too soon. I got the message again after making the changes you recommended. Shall I deinstall and redownload the software???