Help with log export template.

Hello,

First, let me say thank you for this wonderful tool. It seems exactly what I need. I would like to ask those of you with more experience with this about what I would like to do with the log export template.

I would like to have a template that would be somewhat dynamic. What I mean by that is from Midnight until Noon do this template

<emph>My Internet Radio Station Weather</emph> <silence msec="750"/>
[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1 START=1]
     	[TEMPLATE]
        	Today
        	[DAILY PREDICTION DAY]<silence msec="750"/>
     	        Tonight
	        [DAILY PREDICTION NIGHT]<silence msec="750"/>
	[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]
[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1 START=2]
     	[TEMPLATE]
        	[DAILY DAY]
	[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]
Currently, it's [CONDITION] and [TEMP PLAIN] degrees.

<emph>Now back to the music on My Internet Radio Station</emph>!

And from Noon until Midnight use this template.

<emph>My Internet Radio Station Weather</emph> <silence msec="750"/>
[DAILY LOOP COUNT=2 START=1]
     	[TEMPLATE]
             	Tonight
	[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]
[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1 START=2]
     	[TEMPLATE]
        	[DAILY DAY]
                [DAILY NIGHT]
	[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]
Currently, it's [CONDITION] and [TEMP PLAIN] degrees.

<emph>Now back to the music on My Internet Radio Station</emph>!

the <> tags are to tell my text to speech program to pause at the end of sentences. So my question is this. Can there be a way to to have a dynamic template like I describe or would it be necessary to have two installations of Weather Watcher Live, in different folders, and run the windows task scheduler to schedule during the different times of day?

Thank you for you assistance in this matter.
Neal F. Fischer

It’s not possible to create such a template, so a dual installation might be the way to go.

You could also run a single installation and then programmatically update the template outside of Weather Watcher Live. The template is stored in the following regstry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher Live\Log

Thank you for your reply. I attempted to do two installations in two different folders. However, I must be missing something because, both instances are running the same template. I mean that I called one installation it’s normal name weather watcher live and another weather watcher live night. When I save different templates in the normal name the night version switches to the normal or visa versa. The two installations seems like it would work great for me and I am close except for this piece to have a truly wonderful working solution.

Thank you fro your assistance in this matter.
Neal F. Fischer

Run Weather Watcher Live like this to save the settings in the Weather Watcher Live program folder:

“C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher Live\ww.exe” -i

I do appreciate the assistance. One problem I am having still. I have tried to run it with the -i as suggested but it is not letting me save two different templates, one for each instance. When I change wwnight.exe to one template, it updates ww.exe as well. I have also tried this is separate folders and somehow the separate folder’s ww.exe updates to the first template as well. kinda not seeing what I am missing here. no matter how I name it differently or use the -i the all the instances update to the last saved template. Sorry, not trying to be a pain I just don’t see what i am missing.

Right – that will not work since both EXE’s are saving the settings to the same folder.

What was each template set to when you tried this?