Error: Server not found!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bill McMurry[/i]
Furthermore, as I mentioned earlier, based upon my own testing, Microsoft Antispyware did not measure up to Ad-aware's or Spybot's performance.
[b]Bill[/b], I found the same thing when I last used Microsoft Antispyware. While I did see it is rated very high in well-know sources, such as PC World, it didn't find as many items as Spybot did.

More on the ‘Consumer Reports’ State of the Net’ survey.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=51485

While some may say that Consumer Reports are not technology experts no one can accuse them of being biased. Unlike some of the technology experts we read they receive NO money from any advertizers or manufacturers of the products they test, they are not disgruntled employees, work for the competition, own stock in the products being tested or stock in the competition’s products and etc. (which is why I always read with the eyes of a skeptic. [:)] )

Personally I don’t rate antispyware products based on how many cookies they find or how many empty folders of spyware programs that have been previously deleted they find or Registry entries referencing spyware folders/programs that have been deleted that they find. And while I like and use and respect Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D each finds things the other missed and each finds things that I noted previously. I have not found that to be the case with MS’s program.

Obviously different people have different views on what they want to see regardless of relevance.

PS Another utility that I respect that has not previously mentioned is WinPatrol.

http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade97.html

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

Hello everybody.

first excuse my bad english, I’m french.

Second : I’ve got the same promblem than jasgiz.
I’ve tested weather watcher on 4 PC, and only has the error “Server not found”.
I’ve tested WW 5.5b,c,e and 5.6 . Nothing works.
The 4 pc’s have Microsoft Windows XP Sp1 [:D] Home edition.

The only difference with the one that doesn’t work is that I use Windows update recently, so this pc is up to date but not with SP2 (I hate SP2[:I]).

I’ve got Opera as navigator defined on default browser. I’ve tried to use IE6 has default but that doesn’t change anything.

Hope I help you.

Excuse me for my bad english.

@l1

butagaz38, and you’ve tried everything at the very top of this thread?

I’ve had the same error using the latest beta and the 5.5e. Thing is, it was working fine till about a week ago, i dont use a software firewall but i do have a router. I’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, meh… i dont know anymore, lol.

Are you able to access your weather when you go to weather.com using your browser?

Weather.com has had some sporadic outages of late. It would seem that they have added or switched groups of servers around and the 'net’s DSN servers haven’t all caught up wiht the new IP addresses completely.

Yea, i’ve tried everything posted in this thread to see if anything would make it work, seems it doesnt.

Are you running XP SP2? Are you running a firewall? One other than XP’s?