Different output for different stations

I seem to be getting a different number of output fileds for different stations with the same template.

Template:

[UPDATED DATETIME],[STATION],[TEMP],[DEW],[HUMIDITY],[WIND],[BAROMETER],[RAIN TODAY], [DAILY LOOP COUNT=7][TEMPLATE][DAILY PRECIPITATION DAY],[DAILY PRECIPITATION NIGHT], [/TEMPLATE][/DAILY LOOP][DAILY LOOP COUNT=1,START=2][UPDATED DATETIME],[TEMPLATE][FORECAST],[DAILY PREDICTION DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DAILY LOOP]

03/11/2009 05:06:00,Kapaau, HI (Kohala MS),22°C,14°C,63%,3.1 m/s,101.6 kPa and rising,0 mm, 48%,48%, 44%,45%, 74%,74%, 70%,70%, 50%,50%, 50%,70%, 03/11/2009 05:06:00,[FORECAST],Partly sunny in the morning then clearing. Scattered showers. Highs 30.0 m/s to 83. Northeast winds 4.5 m/s to 6.7 m/s. Chance of rain 44 percent.

03/11/2009 10:00:00,Ottawa, Canada (Ottawa International Airport),7°C,4°C,87%,7.6 m/s,101.4 kPa and rising,0 mm, 40%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 30%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 03/11/2009 10:00:00,[FORECAST],Mostly cloudy. Cool. Temperature of 3°C. Winds WNW 3.3 m/s. Humidity will be 66% with a dewpoint of -3°C and feels-like temperature of 0°C.

Please ignore mind the dual UPDATED DATETIME. I goofed on the understanding of this. As an aside, is this field the actual reading date or the posting date or, perhaps, neither?

“[UPDATED DATETIME]” is not a valid tag in the current version of Weather Watcher Live. I don’t follow what you’re asking about the different number of output fields.

DAILY LOOP COUNT=7][TEMPLATE][DAILY PRECIPITATION DAY],[DAILY PRECIPITATION NIGHT], [/TEMPLATE]

produces 12 data points for Hawaii

48%,48%, 44%,45%, 74%,74%, 70%,70%, 50%,50%, 50%,70%,

and 14 data points for Ottawa

40%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 30%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A, 0%,N/A,

I see the new tag [OBSERVED DATETIME]. This is exactly what I was wanting to get. If I change versions, could [UPDATED DATETIME] produce the same output as historically? I have people using WWL to feed my software and they may be using all sorts of versions of WWL. One cannot control what they choose to use.

You are comparing a weather station from the US with an international weather station. The data comes from different sources, so it’s a little bit different. If you compare an international weather station to another international weather station, you’ll probably find that the points are the same.

In the current version of Weather Watcher Live, the tags are [DOWNLOADED DATETIME] and [OBSERVED DATETIME]. A full list of tags can be found in the Weather Watcher Live user guide. Click the “Template Examples” button in the Data Export/Log section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window to jump directly to that section of the user guide.

I put the template into the registry with my software. This avoids issues with the user doing it manually. I can then change it as I see fit going forward. Are the new fields only available from 6.1.15 onwards? Will the new version fail if the [UPDATED DATETIME] field is in the template or will it honor this tag gracefully?

All unrecognized tags are added to the log as-is. That’s what happened when you used the [FORECAST] tag below. Weather Watcher Live didn’t know what to do with it, so it printed it to the log as-is.