Detailed forecast wrong

I just installed the program to check it out, and for the first few hours all seemed fine. But I just now noticed that the detailed forecast is wrong.

It is just before midnight local time on Wednesday, and the first thing shown in the detailed forecast is Thursday night’s forecast. And when I compare what is shown in the detailed forecast with the page at Weather.com; all the forecasts in the detailed forecast are one day off. So that Thursday night forecast is actually for Wednesday night, Friday’s forecast shown is actually Thursday’s, etc.

The daily forecasts are correct, though.

Here’s what I exported from the program:

Thursday Night Oct 12: Considerable cloudiness. Low 44F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Oct 13: Cloudy early with partial sunshine expected late. Cooler. High 59F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night Oct 13: Clear skies. Low 39F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday Oct 14: Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Sunday Oct 15: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Monday Oct 16: Few showers. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.
Tuesday Oct 17: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Wednesday Oct 18: Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Thursday Oct 19: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Friday Oct 20: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Saturday Oct 21: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

and here’s what I got from the weather channel site:

Oct 11 Tonight Considerable cloudiness. Low 44F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Oct 12 Tomorrow Cloudy early with partial sunshine expected late. Cooler. High 59F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Oct 12 Tomorrow night Clear skies. Low 39F. Winds light and variable.
Oct 13 Friday Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Oct 14 Saturday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Oct 15 Sunday Few showers. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.
Oct 16 Monday Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Oct 17 Tuesday Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Oct 18 Wednesday Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Oct 19 Thursday Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Oct 20 Friday Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

so the program is somehow getting it;s days mixed up.

And I have tried restarting the program, changing skins, even changing the time and date both forward and back; but the error persists.

Computer_Guru, this has been a problem for sometime now. The problem is being caused by weather.com’s data feed. For some reason, the detailed forecast is one day behind around 12 AM - 2 AM.

Weather.com switches the forecasts between Day/Night and Today/Tomorrow in 12 hr increments that occur at 3:00am/pm.

Unfortunately not all of weather.com’s systems are in sync and as such between 12:00am-3:00am much of the data is inconsistent. The Splendid Current forecast requires several fields (DAILY CONDITION DAY, DAILY HI, DAILY HUMIDITY DAY, DAILY WIND DAY) to all be N/A to trigger the day switch and that test fails during this time period. One of the data fields that does accurately reflect the Day/Night and Today/Tomorrow change consistently is the DAILY HI field.

I have a folder with a bunch of XML downloads covering between 11:00pm and 3:10am. If you’d like to review them let me know. :icon_smile:

Computer_Guru

For clarity, when you refer to the “detailed forecast” are you referring to the forecast that one sees when they click on the Detailed button or the ones seen in the row of Day icons at the bottom of the Current forecast screen?

There is code in some of the skin’s Current forecasts to account for the data switch. The Detailed forecasts are more in line with what you see is what you get.

Ya kno, the Daily forecast does look stupid at this hour, especially when compared with the one at weather.com.

Basically when the Update time is less than 3:00am we need to use the prior day’s name and date for the Detailed Forecast. Unfortunately there is no WW tag for yesterday’s Day and yesterday’s Date and correcting 1st of the month’s will be a pain. :???:

BTW For my location the XML data has:

[code]
10/13/06 2:45 AM EDT

10/13/06 1:12 AM EDT

and

Friday, October 13, at 1:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time [/code] Note the Detailed data (dayd) does not the same day values as the Daily data (dayf). The incoming weather.com data is wrongly labeled.

Now when the data’s update time is 3:00:

[code]
10/13/06 3:00 AM EDT

10/13/06 3:05 AM EDT

and

Friday, October 13, at 3:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time [/code] voila, everything is in sync including the Splendid Detailed forecast and the view at Weather.com.

hth

I believe I have a fixed Detailed forecast for the Eds Splendid Mobile skin. I’ll find out for sure in 30 mins. :icon_smile: I will add it to the Stone Soup skin also. I looked at the standard Splendid Detailed template and think I will let Mike resolve the day problem. :icon_smile:

@Computer_Guru

My Stone Soup and Splendid Mini skins have been updated to properly display the Detailed forecasts. You many download and use these skins to resolve the Detailed forecast day problem or you can copy the Detailed.wtp file from either skin to the skin you prefer to use. Either option will give you a solution to the problem.

hth