Condition icon only in tray

As I am using a laptop, I shut it down at least once a day. And what happens at startup sometimes with Weather Watcher is that even though I have it set to show both temperature and condition icon, only the condition icon shows up in the tray at startup. And nomatter what mouse button I click on it (left or right), I cannot get to the options or the main window, so I have to open task manager and kill the ww.exe process. Once I restart Weather Watcher, both temperature and condition icon show up in the tray.

And this brings about another question: What happens if you set condition icon only in the options? There is no way of getting to the options window to change it back. I didn’t want to try it, as I didn’t feel like having to dig through the registry to set it back.

Gus

This has occasionally happened to me too, although I don’t have the condition icon set to display. Sometimes when I boot up, I don’t see the WW temp icon in my system tray. I have to open task manager, kill WW.exe, and then restart WW. Since my laptop is getting old, I figured it was just me.

[:p] [b]Hunz[/b]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Hunz[/i]
Sometimes when I boot up, I don't see the WW temp icon in my system tray.
That is a Windows-related problem. It is usually caused by software conflicts at Windows startup.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i] That is a Windows-related problem. It is usually caused by software conflicts at Windows startup.
How about the fact that if you select to display the condition icon only you cannot access the main window or the options. Is this true if you do that, or is it just when the condition icon is displayed at the startup without the temperature icon, as in my case?

gus

quote:
[i]Originally posted by gus[/i]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i] That is a Windows-related problem. It is usually caused by software conflicts at Windows startup.
How about the fact that if you select to display the condition icon only you cannot access the main window or the options. Is this true if you do that, or is it just when the condition icon is displayed at the startup without the temperature icon, as in my case?
In your case, your issue is that the temperature icon is not showing up. When both icons are set to show, the temperature icon will have the menu. If only one icon is set to show (either icon), that icon will have the menu.

I see, ok, thanks.

gus

Do note that if you try switiching icons and than switch back to both you will need to reset their System Tray behavior property back to Always Show.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>