Blank Alert window

#%$@ I thought this had been fixed. [:(!]

I come back to the pc, the Alert is displayed, no idea for how long, I quickly move mouse over the Alert and click on it, (have to be quick else the Alert will vanish before it can be clicked on once the mouse is moved. need to add a delay timer.) WW opens a blank white WW window. ie I have the WW title and icons just no data.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

Someone else e-mailed me about this too. It’s not happening to me, so it’s going to be hard to find the problem. I’ll poke around and see what I can turn up though.

It happened again. [:(!]

I believe it occurs when the alert has been displayed for an extended period and the client then quickly moves the mouse over it and clicks. I think its a timing issue.

And again. [:(]

I just booted while washing up. The alert was on the screen when I came in, probably had been for 5 minutes. I moved the mouse pointer over the alert and clicked on it just as it disappeared. WW opened with a blank window.

There are two problems.

1. There is some kind of a timing issue involved with the alert as to how long it stays on the screen. Get it to stay until the Alert1 window comes up.

2. Once the alert disappears there is no easy way to get to it without going thru the Current Conditions window. It would seem to me that the [More info] link that appears on the Current Conditions window could be added to the right hand side of the heading on each Forecast window the same way it is added to the Current Conditions window.

Another option would be to add a WW menu item to display the last alert or the existing Alert1.html file. That’s what I added to my WW shortcuts in the Start menu. And if I knew more about tweaking the skins I would add to my WW menu. [8D]

quote:
There is some kind of a timing issue involved with the alert as to how long it stays on the screen. Get it to stay until the Alert1 window comes up.
I don't really think this is an issue. In any case, the tray tooltip is a Windows feature. I don't know of any way to control when it disappears.
quote:
Once the alert disappears there is no easy way to get to it without going thru the Current Conditions window. It would seem to me that the [More info] link that appears on the Current Conditions window could be added to the right hand side of the heading on each Forecast window the same way it is added to the Current Conditions window.
Yep... and this is where the Forecasts Skins come into play. When I finally release Weather Watcher 5.6, I am going to release it with a new skin. I have some ideas that will improve the Classic skin... ideas like this.

hmmm I think a test of the new skin(s) should be done, before releasing it/them. Please post, or email them, and I’ll let you know how they look. [:D]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

I wanted more info on Window’s Tray Tooltips so I used Google and got this:

http://www.google.com/search?query=tray … ure&num=10

Note the top find.

Well, this was an interesting read:

http://www.codeproject.com/shell/LiviuBirjegaCode.asp

" CString sInfoTitle, // title for a balloon ToolTip.
// This title appears in boldface above the text
// It can have a maximum of 63 characters
CString sInfo, // the text for a balloon ToolTip, it can have
// a maximum of 255 characters
CString sTip, // the text for a standard ToolTip.
// It can have a maximum of 128 characters,
// including the terminating NULL."

It seems that tooltips are not limited to 63 chars if one uses sInfo or sTip.

Or if sInfoTitle was used for WW’s Active City it would free up space for other info in WW’s standard tooltip.

This site’s interesting also.

http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=source/sr … baloon.htm