Blank Alert window & shutdown

Any est. on when the problem with the blank Alert window and WW aborting will be fixed? Gotten a ton of alerts lately and the problem is getting annoying.

Ed

Well, I am using WW 5.6 Beta 7, and the problem is still here. As you say, EdP is getting anoying.

It was fixed with 5.6b5 or b6. I got alerts and they worked perfectly. I haven’t had any alerts since then to know if it’s resolved in b7. And it’s not an easy thing to test. [:)]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

I spoke too soon! I just saw an alert when I got back. I clicked on it and I got a BLANK WW window!!!

Moving the mouse pointer over the System Tray icon brought up a Tray window noting the alert, which I like, and a subsequent click on the Tray icon opened a WW alert window which flashed then disappeared leaving the standard WW window.

So, yes, something has changed with regard to the alert handling.

[:0] I just got another WW alert pop up! I clicked on it and up came a WW alert window just like it’s suppose to. Closing it and clicking on the tray icon brings up a standard WW window and hovering over the tray icon still denotes the alert summary.

So it’s working, with 5.6b7 on Win XP SP2, just not consistently.

BTW The alert is for freezing rain. Great!

Ed</font id=“size2”>

EdP, let me know if you find a pattern. In the meantime, I’ll see what I can find.

To be more specific: at system start up, when WW starts at start up, and there is already an alert issued, after WW loads, the pop-up comes up, and by clicking on the pop-up I get the blank window. I don’t know what happens when an alert is issued while WW is already loaded on the system, whether then a blank window appears also or not.

gus, and you are using 5.6 Beta 7, correct?

Well, nothing to report so far. No more alerts.

One major difference with the blank window this time is it didn’t take WW down.

quote:
[b]EdP[/b] is getting anoying.
Gee [b]Gus[/b], I thought we were friends! [:(]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

quote:
quote:
[b]EdP[/b] is getting anoying.
Gee [b]Gus[/b], I thought we were friends! [:(]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

Hey, where did you get that? I didn’t say it, why are you saying I wrote that? [:0]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by gus (Posted - 03/19/2005 : 9:01:22 PM)[/i]
Hey, where did you get that? I didn't say it, why are you saying I wrote that?
quote:
[i]Originally posted by gus (Posted - 03/19/2005 : 12:03:37 PM)[/i]
Well, I am using WW 5.6 Beta 7, and the problem is still here. As you say, [b]EdP[/b] is getting anoying.
[:)]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

Hah, I just caught that now [:D]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by gus (Posted - 03/19/2005 : 9:01:22 PM)[/i]
Hey, where did you get that? I didn't say it, why are you saying I wrote that?
quote:
[i]Originally posted by gus (Posted - 03/19/2005 : 12:03:37 PM)[/i]
Well, I am using WW 5.6 Beta 7, and the problem is still here. As you say, [b]EdP[/b] is getting anoying.
[:)]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

Ok, ok, punctuation error [:)] It should have sounded like As you say, EdP, it is getting anoying [:D]

I know. I was just pulling your leg. [:)]

Ed</font id=“size2”>

I am still having the same problem whenever there is an alert: a blank window and a runtime error (though I can’t remember the error number and there are no alerts on now). I am using WW 5.6 Beta 8 on a Win XP Home Edition with SP 2. Thanks!

Elwood

elwood, if it happens again, please take a screenshot and post it here or send it to me.

Will do.

Elwood