7.0.66: Magnet disappears

Just installed 7.0.66. I have one desktop magnet and a wallpaper image configured. This used to work fine together. With 7.0.66, the magnet appears as soon as I run WWL. However, as soon as WWL has downloaded and applied the wallpaper image, the magnet disappears.

I know there is an issue with the desktop magnets displaying properly when using a Windows 7 Aero theme. Other than that though, I haven’t heard of such an issue, nor have I been able to reproduce such a behavior.

Does version 7.0.50 still work properly?

If 7.0.50 is working okay, then please email me an export of your registry settings and I’ll try to reproduce that issue using your exact settings.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher Live

I installed 7.0.50 and the magnet works fine. I’m using WinXP Pro SP3; sorry for omitting that info. I’ll send my registry settings (which I exported before reverting to 7.0.50) via email.

I have the same problem on both my laptop, XP Pro, and my pc, XP Home, both are running current patches. I “hide icons” on the desktop on the laptop and pc. Before the upgrade to 7.0.66 the magnet would show with icons hidden now it only shows when I show icons.

ttoo2, please install the Weather Watcher Live build below and let me know if it resolves this issue.

http://www.box.net/shared/40qtmh8z3o

That did the trick for both units! Thanks Mike!