5.6 Beta

Hello. I’ve set WW to play sound when severe weather alert comes in. Alert comes in, but I don’t hear sound

With best wishes,

Tarmo Tanilsoo

Which version of Weather Watcher do you have?

I have 5.6 Beta, the latest version

With best wishes,

Tarmo Tanilsoo

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
This has been fixed... the Beta 3 release will include the fix. Check back this weekend for the new version.

Mike, the problem still exists with Beta 3. “Run-time error ‘5’ . . .”

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
This has been fixed... the Beta 3 release will include the fix. Check back this weekend for the new version.

Hi Mike,

Just FYI, I’m still having the multi-monitor tooltip issue posted above. Fix this and I’ll have no complaints about WW :slight_smile:

F1_Fan, this is going to be a hard one to fix. Considering that the tooltip feature is built into Windows, it might be a problem on your particular system. I have not heard from anyone else that is having the problem. I’d try it myself, but I only have one monitor [:)]

Hi F 1 Fan,

I use dual monitors, also with the secondary monitor to the left of the primary. WW alerts pop up right above the WW icon in the Systray. Perhaps it is your particular graphics card or the maybe it needs a different driver? Just guessing. Good luck.

– PatrickB

quote:
[i]Originally posted by PatrickB[/i]
Hi F 1 Fan,

I use dual monitors, also with the secondary monitor to the left of the primary. WW alerts pop up right above the WW icon in the Systray. Perhaps it is your particular graphics card or the maybe it needs a different driver? Just guessing. Good luck.

– PatrickB

Patrick,

My problem isn’t with the systrap tooltip… that one works. It’s the tooltips for the seven icons down the left side of WW (download, current cond., etc).

It’s not my system. :wink: (video is ATi Radeon 9500 Pro and leatest Catalyst drivers). I’ve seen this issue before with older applications that were written before negative screen coordinates were likely to be present. I wonder if Mike’s compiling the application with an older VB control or DLL? VB6 (which is looks like WW is written in) was released before XP (and before multi-monitor configurations were common).

This doesn’t seem to affect many users and I can live with it so it’s no biggie… just a minor annoyance.

As far as how other applications behave on the secondary monitor… let’s see what I’ve got open right now… I get correct secondary monitor tooltips with:

Windows Explorer (toolbar which sits on the secondary and icons sitting on 2? desktop).
ATi Multimedia Centre
Trillian 3
Azureus
IE6
Firefox
Polar Precision Performance
iTunes
Qimage
Sysinternals Process Explorer
VB.NET 2003